Stock Road Trains
Stock Heavy Haulage Vehicles will be allowed up to 36.5 metres on all Councils approved Road Train, Long Vehicle, roads with the following conditions:
* Maximum Speed 75 Km/hour
* Daylight Use Only
The following general conditions apply to all Heavy Haulage Vehicles on Council roads:
* Council reserves the right to withdraw all or any specific permits as a result of adverse weather conditions
* Any breach of conditions will result in automatic cancellation of permit.
Procedures for establishing a New Heavy Haulage Route
* Operator applies to Shire of Chapman Valley.
* Shire staff inspect new route to determine suitability in accordance with basic MRWA criteria.
* Shire staff put recommendation to Council to reject or process the application.
* If Council resolves to process the application a request will be forwarded to MRWA, Geraldton.
* MRWA Regional staff inspect route and make appropriate recommendation to MRWA Heavy Vehicle Officer (HVO).
* MRWA HVO approves or rejects route and advises Shire of Chapman Valley accordingly.
* Once a route has been approved it remains relevant to all operators who then make direct application to MRWA for a permit (not to Council).
Road Hierarchy Policy 15.200
Following is the agreed road hierarchy for the Shire of Chapman Valley, reviewed annually at the time Council is allocating resources and funding for the forthcoming year to ensure all mitigating circumstances are taken into account and adjustments made accordingly.
A Main Arterial Roads
B Main Feeder Roads
C Minor Feeder Roads
D Major Access Roads
E Minor Access Road
Road Surface Summary
||Length (km)||Area (m2)|
|Seal width less than 4.00m||34.82||128,834.00|
|Seal width 4.00 – 4.99m||1.70||6,800.00|
|Seal width 5.00 – 5.99m||1.53||8568.00|
|Seal width 6.00 – 6.99m||0.98||5,880.00|
|Seal width 7.00 or more||55.36||387,630.00|
|Total built roads||880.57||5,652,498.00|
|Unbuilt roads (Xsect=0)||3.00||0.00|
|Total all roads||883.57|
|Total number of roads||143.00|
Roads of Regional SIgnificance
|Balla Whelarra Road||1|
|Dartmoor Road||1||Limited to gravel standard only|
|Coronation Beach Road||1|
|Moonyoonooka-Narra Tarra Road||1|
|East Chapman Road||2|
|Narra Tarra Road||1|
Class 2/3 RAV Road Network
Main Roads heavy vehicles road network permit usage.
Main Roads have released the latest road network for heavy vehicle usage. The portion of the document relevant to Chapman Valley is attached. The full document can be located on the Main Roads website http://www.mainroads.wa.gov.au.
View Road network MDF below
(ROAD.pdf - 1.35 MB)